The Augusta-Fort Gordon Chapter of Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association promotes the interest of young individuals in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics and the development of professionals in the fields of communications, intelligence, and information/cyber technology at Fort Gordon and within the surrounding Augusta area. Over the past 20 years the Augusta-Fort Gordon Chapter of AFCEA has awarded over $1,000,000 in scholarships, awards and grants. The following list highlights the major educational contributions of our Chapter.
- Over $140,000 to the STEM Teaching Tools grants to area schools to assist in developing computer labs, science labs and science projects.
- Over $270,000 to area high school and college undergraduate students working toward computer science, electronic or engineering degrees with our CSRA STEM Scholarships.
- Over $70,000 awarded to military personnel and GS personnel with our Tuition Assistance Program.
- $55,000 granted to AFCEA International Education Foundation to be awarded on the National Level.
- $39,000 granted to Fort Discovery and the National Science Center in Augusta.
- Over $22,000 awarded to area Science Fair awards and grants.
- Over $375,000 awarded in support of the Fort Gordon solider and families for numerous events and activities. For information on AFCEA International Scholarships available Click Here
PLEASE NOTE: 2014 recipients of an AFCEA Augusta-Fort Gordon Grant or Scholarship are ineligible to receive our 2015 grants or scholarships. All applications for grants or scholarships must be mailed (applications received other than mailing in will not be eligible) and postmarked prior to their specific deadline to be eligible.
All applications shall be mailed to:
AFCEA Augusta-Fort Gordon Chapter
2743 Perimeter Parkway
Building 200, Suite 110
Augusta, GA 30909-6487
For questions, please contact Horace Carney, Education Committee Chairman at